A year of Nature, Craft & Play
This new book from Becky Goddard-Hill and Catherine Hughes is a brilliant way to get kids exploring the treasures and pleasures of our amazing natural world.
A Year of Nature Craft and Play is filled with fun crafts, gardening projects, games, art activities and science experiments, all designed to inspire kids to get creative with nature. There are 52 budget-friendly activities – one for every week of the year – with easy-to-follow instructions and colourful photos.
Each activity uses materials you can easily find in nature, so they’re simple to organise, low cost, and eco-friendly. Spending time in nature gathering materials for a project is also a fantastic way for kids to get outside, have fun and keep active.
Here’s a taster of what the book has in store:
- Paint with nature – make paint and brushes from natural materials, then use them to create a work of art.
- Become a tree scientist – work out the age and height of a tree, find out why trees are so important for our planet, and have a go at forest bathing.
- Garden obstacle course challenge – use whatever you can find in the garden to create a unique obstacle course, then challenge your friends to tackle it.
- Plant a bulb lasagne – create a show-stopping flower display with this clever trick of layering bulbs in a pot.
- Make a nature loom – turn nature treasures into a unique decoration for your home or garden, or go big and make a giant one in the park!
Nature really is the most fantastic craft and play resource, and this book is a great prompt to help kids explore the seasons and all they have to offer in lots of creative ways.